Yes, Banfield does provide microchipping services for pets. Microchipping is a safe and effective way to ensure the identification and safe return of your beloved furry friend if they ever get lost. Banfield’s commitment to pet health extends to offering this essential service to help safeguard your pet and give you peace of mind.
How Does Microchipping Work?
Microchipping involves the implantation of a tiny RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) microchip under your pet’s skin, typically between the shoulder blades. The chip contains a unique identification number that is linked to your contact information in a secured database. When a lost pet with a microchip is found, a scanner is used to detect the chip and read the identification number. This number is then used to locate the pet owner and reunite them with their lost companion.
The Procedure and Benefits of Microchipping at Banfield
When you bring your pet to Banfield for microchipping, a trained veterinarian or veterinary technician will perform the procedure. Here’s what you can expect:
- The area where the microchip will be implanted is cleaned and prepared.
- The microchip, about the size of a grain of rice, is inserted under your pet’s skin using a syringe-like device.
- Your pet may experience a brief moment of discomfort, but the procedure is quick and generally well-tolerated.
- After implantation, the professional will scan the microchip to ensure it is functioning correctly and record the identification number.
- Finally, you will need to provide your contact information, such as phone number and address, which will be registered alongside your pet’s identification number in the microchip database.
By getting your pet microchipped at Banfield, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Increased chances of being reunited with your lost pet
- Avoidance of costly impoundment fees for identification-less pets
- Proof of ownership in case of disputes
- Evidence of responsible pet ownership
Updating Your Information
It is crucial to keep your contact information up to date in the microchip database. If you change your address, phone number, or any other relevant details, make sure to inform the microchip provider, or utilize their online portal to update your information. This will ensure that you can always be reached if your pet is found.
Microchipping as Part of Banfield’s Preventive Care Philosophy
Banfield firmly believes in proactive preventive care for pets, and microchipping is a pivotal aspect of their comprehensive approach. By providing microchipping services, Banfield aims to help pet owners protect their furry family members and maintain their overall well-being. They understand that ensuring the safety and security of your pet is just as important as addressing their routine healthcare needs.
Overall, Banfield’s commitment to pet health includes offering microchipping services, demonstrating their dedication to responsible pet ownership and helping to increase the chances of lost pets finding their way back home.